Wednesday, June 21, 2006

JUNK FOOD CONFESSION


everyone has their weaknesses. one of mine is a junk food called fonzies. for you americans out there, fonzies are another version of cheetos and are made in germany. in general, i am adamant about using only seasonal produce and i make most everything i eat fom scratch. but every once in awhile i fall for these cheesy crispies (empty bag pictured above!). i know, i know, you are thinking "how gross!". but, they aren’t fried! they are baked so they can’t be THAT bad for me, can they?! i know the food whore drinks pickle juice (see june 14, 2006 post), so i am feeling fine about admitting to my fonzie addiction. and when they are accompanied by a beer and a good movie at the cinema i bet you’d be tempted to try them too! so go on, fess up! and make your junk food confession!



4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

These look a lot like Twisties chips we have in Australia. Here's a photo of the packaging: http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=2265
I wonder if they are the same?

12:27 PM  
Blogger kishko said...

wow, i bet they are the same but with a different shape!
thanks for visiting kishko!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are not the same! I am an Australian living in Switzerland, sadly being forced to eat Fonzies on account of Twisties being regrettably unavailable here. I can say from experience that Twisties are much more flavoursome. Fonzies taste like chalk by comparison.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

I'll be a bit more generous... They are very similar, but the flavouring is weaker. Albeit, still a cheese flavouring. The flavouring in Australia means the outside of the snack is almost orange. I just got back from a trip to Italy (I'm an Aussie living in Ukraine) and Fonzies did the trick for me - I mean, you can't even get jelly beans or corn chips in Ukraine. Perhaps I'm just desperate!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape