Wednesday, May 17, 2006

FOOD BLOGGER REUNION: ITALY

i have to admit that i am always a little jealous when i read about keiko going to paris and meeting david, meg, michele, pascale and clotilde or about other food blogger reunions around the world. don’t get me wrong, i am excited for them but only wish i could join them!

however, today i had my own little food blogger reunion with ilva from lucullian delights. she has a gorgeous food blog and the images she posts always amaze me. i met her in pistoia which is about 45 minutes from florence by train. there is something incredible about meeting fellow bloggers because there is a part of you that feels like you know them already! anyways, i was lucky enough to have a private guide to the city of pistoia and to the wednesday market there. we ran into a few skeptics who did not want their photograph taken. the woman running the puglia food stand, in the photo above, was concerned that i wanted to take pictures of her goods so that i could copy them! i managed to convince her that i only wanted to take photos because the display was so beautiful. she had pickled everything from garlic to bell peppers! and, she even said “you aren’t going to copy everything like the chinese do, are you?!” so i didn’t dare tell her that i intended on posting the images on my blog!

i discovered lots of yummy new things today: the town of pistoia, a fellow food blogger, slitti chocolate (david would have scolded me for not knowing about slitti - but now i do!) and fresh zucchini from cecina di larciano (a small town in the countryside, south of pistoia). as soon as i decide what to do with those gorgeous zucchini i will report back.

so are there any other food bloggers based in italy who would like to join us for the second italian food blogger reunion? next stop: florence.


above: ilva caught taking pictures of flowers at the market!




9 Comments:

Blogger Ilva said...

Kishko, PLEASE tell me that I don't look like that! Please!! It was soo nice to meet you and you can be sure that I'm coming to Florence!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Tracie P. said...

that sounds like fun!

6:28 PM  
Blogger kishko said...

it was fantastic! i highly recommend it. next time you plan a trip to firenze we could organize another one!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kishko - your post reminded me that David brought us a slitti bar and let us try - lucky me, it was indeed delicious! I'm glad you had a lovely time with Ilva, I've actually been to Firenze on motorbike from London :) I'll let you know next time I have chance!

6:16 PM  
Blogger kishko said...

wow! definitely let me know when you are planning your next london-florence on a motorcycle!
and thank you for stopping by!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic, Kishko!

It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

10:36 PM  
Blogger shuna fish lydon said...

It appears to be all the rage-- meeting fellow food bloggers. recently I met Tea from Tea & Cookies and also Roger from Rani Raja. We have a booming food bloggers community here, but I love meeting them one at a time too, more sentences are finished this way.

Thanks for stopping by eggbeater. Email me your mailing address and I will get a copy of the Rhubarb article in the mail this summer!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Pille said...

Sounds good indeed! I've had a chance to meet Melissa of the Traveller's Lunchbox in Edinburgh on several occasions, and I met some London bloggers back in March. Luckily, there is a foodbloggers' party in London in June, so I'll meet them again, as well as some Athens-based bloggers few days later:)

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog. The food looks lovely.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape